At Eaton Square Mayfair, we are passionate about ensuring that each pupil achieves his or her potential; academically, socially and emotionally. Our Learning Enrichment team works alongside our teaching staff to encourages the pupil to develop a wide range of skills to increase their ability to become independent and successful learners.
Eaton Square currently provides additional provisions for a range of needs, including:
- Communication and interaction, for example, autistic spectrum disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, speech and language difficulties
- Cognition and learning, for example, dyslexia, dyspraxia,
- Social, emotional and mental health difficulties, for example, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Sensory and/or physical needs, for example, visual impairments, hearing impairments, processing difficulties, epilepsy
Eaton Square Mayfair aims to identify pupils with needs additional to and different from those which can be accommodated within academic lessons. This may be from:
- Referral reports from parents or outside agencies, submitted at the time of application to the school
- Pupil medical record
- Teacher or Parent cause for concern
- Subject Assessments
- Individual Assessments by SENDCO
- Assessment report from an appropriate specialist, for example, an Educational Psychologist.
It is important that parents provide as much information as possible during the application process to ensure a smooth transition of schools for each pupil. We offer a range of support including teaching recommendations through the school SEND Register and Individual Learning Profiles, targeted interventions and use of specialist equipment. Where recommended, pupil laptop use will be supported and extra time is given. We also run morning laptop and organised drop-in sessions and lunchtime group support sessions.
For each pupil requiring a higher level of support an Individual Learning Profile will be created and updated on a regular basis through discussion with the pupil, parents and his or her teachers. This will include information about teaching strategies and what the pupil finds helpful to support his or her learning within the classroom. We produce an end of term report for each pupil who has 1-2-1 sessions.